SL6 vision statement
The expertise, challenge and breadth of a college within the supportive environment of a school which knows you as an individual.
The SL6 (South London Sixth) collaboration is a partnership between Dunraven, St Martin-in-the-Fields and The Elmgreen schools: our belief is in “Sharing Excellence”. The collaboration works at many levels both strategic and operational.
The SL6 Advantage
SL6 offers all that a traditional Sixth Form can offer – and more:
- High quality teaching.
- Successful preparation for university and beyond.
- Over 40 A level courses delivered by subject experts.
- SL6 has supported 4000 students to A level success over the last 10 years.
- SL6 students went to a range of Russell Group universities in 2015.
- SL6 offers a range of enrichment activities such as the SL6 Ball.
Key advantages for students are:
- The wider choice of subjects available.
- Increased flexibility in setting up a personalised timetable.
- The chance to meet new people and experience the excitement of study in a new environment as part of the preparation for university and the life beyond school.
- The opportunity to benefit from a bespoke University Preparation (SL6 UP) programme.
- An effective and supported transition from KS4 to KS5 with a Sixth Form mentor.
- A wider choice of Enrichment and extra-curricular activities.
- An education that is matched to your specific needs and ambitions.
Advantages for schools include:
- Partnership, support, challenge and shared knowledge.
- Economies of scale.
- A wider curriculum offer for a larger number of students than might be offered by one school alone to the benefit of students across south Lambeth and beyond.